Capitol Buildings Of Sophia - Slightly Unhappy!

I’m not usually one to complain or write a report. I am fairly satisfied with my building but wasn’t satisfied at all with the process and the concrete.

I can’t say anything about the sub-contractors that they used because they were hard working gentleman. My first complaint: No one came out to view the property before building was installed. I’m sure these guys have installed plenty of buildings, but isn’t every piece of propert different? How do you determine wether you need fill dirt or if you may need to install the building a certain way?

In my case, when the concrete guy got to my house and i showed him the dimensions of the building and how and where it was Going to lay out, that was the first time Andy one had stepped foot on my property. Needless to say , they needed dirt to fill in because one end was higher than the other and they would need a lot more concrete if not. Well, instead of going and getting fill dirt and making it right. They dug out one end and used that dirt to fill in.

(Keep in mind, i paid for grading) Now my building basically sits in *** When it rains hard enough, the rain will come in my building. Now, this could of been prevented if someone would of stepped foot on the property before hand. Now my question is? Who is responsible for this?

Capital Buildings or the contractor? I’m gonna say Capital buildings because I didn’t hire the contractor. And i bought the building from “Capital Buildings”. So, now I’m gonna have to put a drain system around the front of my building to keep the rain out.

And who pays for that? Homeowner, Capital Buildings, or Contractor? I’m gonna say.... it won’t be the Homeowner!

I own my own business as well, i do HVAC... I was thinking... what if i go out and just install a system just anywhere in the homeowners house without checking with the homeowner first? What if i install it wrong?

What if it was The right system or laying in the right direction? Who pays for that after I’ve already given the homeowner a price?? I Do! I am the contractor, i am the guy who “showed up “ at the property to sale them an HVAC system....

so i take on that job and that responsibility! If i break a vase, scratch a wall, fail inspection...

I’m responsible for that JOB! No one else!

Product or Service Mentioned: Capitol Buildings Of Sophia Shed.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Capitol Buildings Of Sophia - GARBAGE DONT BUY YOU WILL REGRET IT

my building collapsed because of about 5 inches of snow. most of it melted because of rain.

Owner said well we has snow and rain, so not buildings fault. I asked about snow before i bought this, was told no issue. BS ! That is not a lot of snow rain or not.

Roof has ridges that run length wise not downward. They help hold snow on instead of allowing snow to slide off. Garbage buildings absolutely garbage!!!! Cost me thousands just to have a building collapse less than year and half later.

cost me thousands for building, thousands for concrete and well over a thousand for fill. between 8 and 9k and for nothing but a pile of metal left and damaged personal items!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Capitol Buildings Of Sophia Shed.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Told snow not issue collapsed cause little snow and rain.

Capitol Buildings Of Sophia - Do not use this company.....

The install was very subpar and the building is not what I ordered. They will not come out and repair the building.

Have been dealing with this for almost a year. Building still not fixed. Customer service is horrible.

I feel bad for the ladies who try and deal with upset customers and have poor management support to properly take care of the issue. Who ever owns this business needs to hire someone who can actually run it.

Capitol Buildings Of Sophia - Very pleased with Capital Buildings

We were very pleased with Capital Buildings. We have had our building for 7 years and are still pleased. We have recommended them to all our neighbors.

Capitol Buildings Of Sophia in Covington, Virginia - Capitol Buildings false product guarantees

Covington, Virginia

I purchased a 28x35 foot A-Frame Building with a height of 14 foot, close sides, with boxed eaves and a vertical roof on 5/19/15 from Capitol Buildings, Inc., 6564 Highway 311, Sophia, NC 27350 for $5155 It was installed on July 8, 2015. I spoke with Mark multiple times and had many questions. I asked if this building would withstand the snow in the winter. Mark said, “With you living in Virginia, and purchasing the vertical roof, no matter the amount of snow, the snow will just slide off and it will be no problem.”

On January 22, 2016 we received 14 inches of snow. When I went to feed my animals, the roof had completely collapsed.

I was told this building would withstand the snow and it also has a 25 year warranty on the framework assuming normal user care and maintenance.

I called their office and spoke with Mark. He told me that they couldn’t do anything about the snow and he could not pay for the repairs or replace my building. I reminded him of his verbal warranty. He still refused to do anything for me.

If Mark would have told me in the beginning that this building would not withstand snow, I would not have purchased it. I have since then replaced my building with my own design and it cost me another $6000 on top of the $5155 that I paid for the original building.

This company is not a very honest company and I would not purchase anything from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capitol Buildings Of Sophia Shed.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

My experience has been horrible as well. Months out trim falling apart and needed repairing already.

Trying to deal with all their people and different numbers and being jerked around is nuts.

I would never recommend them or any metal building again. Wish i did a stick built building!